After you download the Microsoft Teams application you can join a virtual meeting platform where people can come together and have conversations online. With a virtual meeting platform such as Microsoft Teams, users can communicate with a large number of people at the same time without having to go through the stress of meeting them personally. Recently, virtual meeting platforms have been very popular because more and more people are working from home, some are self-isolating while other people are far away from their family and friends – these platforms help people to see and communicate with their friends, their family, their doctors and their co-workers online. Microsoft Teams can be used to schedule meetings, share files, learn online, create and manage teams and also mark members’ absences. These meetings can be done in the form of audio or video calls and can be done by opening a communications channel for multiple team members or one on one calls. You can also find documents, shared files, chats and spreadsheets easily by searching for them in the application search bar on the Microsoft Team application. You can join Microsoft Teams by downloading the application or you can join by using the desktop version. One of the challenges people face is joining a Microsoft Teams meeting when they get an invite without having issues even when they do not have the app and how to download the app and join a meeting with it- you do not have to worry about that because downloading the Microsoft Teams app and joining a meeting is not as difficult as you think whether you are joining through the app, using the desktop version or using the web application. This article will show you what you need to do to join a Microsoft Teams meeting and how you can download the Microsoft Teams application without hassles.
How to Download Microsoft Teams Application
You can access Microsoft Team through your web browser, download the desktop application or you can download the Microsoft Teams application on your phone or on your tablet. But for you to complete Microsoft Teams login and have access to many of the Microsoft Team features, you need to first have an account on Microsoft.
If you want to download the Application on your desktop and laptop computer, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Microsoft.com webpage on your web browser.
- Log in using the account details you used to sign up for the Office 365 trial.
- You will see an option where you will be asked to download the Microsoft Teams application or use the web app. On the top right corner of your screen, click on the profile icon and then choose the download Microsoft Teams application option.
- Save the file to your desktop or laptop computer.
- Once you have downloaded the Microsoft Teams set-up file, you can then open and run the file.
- Enter your username and sign in.
- Click on the ‘let do it’ button and then click on ‘yes’ so that Microsoft Teams can make changes to your computer.
Once, you have completed the steps above, you have successfully downloaded the Microsoft Teams application on your computer or desktop.
Alternatively, you can use the web-based version of the app if you want to, you can simply do this by clicking the used Web App link provided when given the option to download the application or use the web app after you have logged in.
How to Download the Microsoft Teams app on your mobile phone
To download Microsoft Teams on your mobile device, just go to the iOS app store for iPhones and download the application or visit the Google Play Store and download the application for Android phones.
How to join Microsoft Team meeting using the desktop application
As said earlier, you can join Microsoft Teams using the desktop application, your web browser and using your mobile phone. Below are the steps to follow to join Microsoft Team using your Desktop application:
Joining Microsoft Team using Desktop application
- Download the Microsoft Teams application on our desktop and install it.
- Open Microsoft Teams and click on the ‘Join’ button located at the top right corner of your page.
- Click on ‘Join now’ to join a Microsoft Teams meeting.
- You can end a call or exit a meeting by clicking on the end call button.
How to Join Microsoft Team on your web browser
- Click on the invitation link sent to you to open Microsoft Teams.
- Click on ‘sign in’ and log in to your account.
- As said earlier, to use the web version, you need to ignore the download option presented to you and choose to ‘use the web app instead.
- Click on ‘continue on this browser’ if asked how you want to join your Teams meeting.
- You will see a pop-up window, click on ‘join now’ to join a meeting.
- You need to click on ‘allow’ to allow Microsoft teams to use your mic, camera etc.
- If you want to exit or end a call just click on ‘hang up’.
- You can rejoin the meeting by clicking on ‘join now’.
Joining Microsoft Team using a mobile app
To join Microsoft Teams meeting with the mobile app on your mobile device:
- Download and install the Microsoft Teams mobile application on your mobile device.
- Click on the invitation link sent to you.
- Click on ‘Join now’ after Microsoft Teams is launched.
- If you want to exit or end a call, just click on ‘hang up’.
On the Microsoft Teams app, you can join a meeting from the calendar, from chat if the meeting has already started or through an invite link. You can also control the features on your app such as zooming in and out, muting participants etc. For you to easily join Microsoft Teams, you need to sign up for a Microsoft account.
With this article, I hope you can now download the Microsoft Teams application and also join a meeting on the platform? For questions and comments, kindly use the comment section below and we shall get back to you as soon as possible.