With LinkedIn login, you’ll gain access to a social media platform that allows people to discuss business ideas, find the right job and build professional relationships or skills that can help them to improve in their professional careers or goals. It is a platform where people can perform professional networking and build connections. LinkedIn is open and available for people who are interested in getting the right exposure they need to grow their skills and improve their careers. If you are a graduate and you are looking for a platform where you can post your CV for potential employers to see or you are an employer that is looking for a platform to post a job offer, then you might want to consider creating a LinkedIn account. This article will guide you on how to create a new LinkedIn account and how to log in to your LinkedIn account easily.
LinkedIn was launched in May 2005 and has become the largest professional network on the internet. LinkedIn is a platform where job seekers can go to get the right job opportunities that best suit their needs and where employers who are seeking to get employees for their business can post job offers. With up to 756 million members located in more than 200 countries all over the world, LinkedIn has been able to help its users strengthen their relationships and build connections among professionals. You can also use LinkedIn for other purposes such as organizing offline events, joining groups, posting photos and videos as well as other amazing things you can do when you have a LinkedIn account.
With LinkedIn, you can create a profile that has the semblance of a resume that will showcase your background, your area of expertise and the organization where you belong to. It also gives you the chance to add other users or follow other organizations in order to be updated about their activities. You can decide to use the LinkedIn basic membership which is free and allows you to create your own portfolio, add people, join and create groups but is somehow limited compared to the LinkedIn premium which contains more enhanced features.
LinkedIn is available to use from your desktop, from the LinkedIn mobile app, mobile web experience or from the LinkedIn lite android mobile app and can be downloaded in the Google play store for android users.
How to Create a LinkedIn Account
For you to be able to log in to LinkedIn you need to first have an account and you can do that by creating your own LinkedIn account. Here are the steps to follow to create a new LinkedIn account:
- Visit the LinkedIn webpage using your web browser and click on the signup button at the top right corner of your screen.
- A new page will open containing several fields where you can input your information such as your first name, last name, email address and password.
- After providing the information required of you, you can then click on Join now below the fields where you filled in your information.
- Select your current country of residence and type in your current zip code in the zip code box.
- Click Next.
- Indicate if you are a student or not by clicking Yes or No at the top of the page.
- Enter your job title and the company you work for. If you are a student, you can type in the name of your current school, the year you started school and the year you would graduate then click Next.
- A confirmation code will be sent to your email to confirm your email address.
- Click on agree and continue when you are done confirming your email address.
When you are done registering using the steps above, your profile will be created on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Login Procedure
After you have created a LinkedIn account, you can then sign in by clicking on Sign in and entering your email address and your password. In a case where you have forgotten your password, you can click on the Forgot Password? Link. A message will be sent to your email address to help you access your account and also reset the password. After resetting your password, you can then sign in by clicking on Sign in.
How to Personalize your LinkedIn Account
After LinkedIn login, you would need to personalize your LinkedIn account. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Select the option for account personalization. If your email has not been verified, a confirmation code will be sent to your email address, open the email and click on Confirm email.
- Add a profile photo by clicking on the Upload Photo box or skip the option if you do not want to add a profile photo yet. LinkedIn is a platform where you get to meet professionals; it is advisable to use a clear and professional photo of yourself.
- Choose the desired channels you want to follow on LinkedIn and then click on Follow channels. This will determine the kind of things you will like to see on your LinkedIn home page. You can also skip this option if you do not want to follow any channel just yet.
After LinkedIn login, your LinkedIn profile should be able to showcase your skills, professional life, things you have achieved etc. You can add as many people as you want and also follow people in order to get information about what is happening in your industry and your circle. You can search for a job on LinkedIn and also research companies you might be interested in and reach out to them. Also, check out our previous post on how to improve LinkedIn profile strength levels to unlock more potential.