Looking for how to create and sign in to your own Protonmail account? In this article, I will show you how to visit www.protonmail.com to sign up for an account. Protonmail account is an end to end encrypted email service that allows its users to send and receive messages on the Proton mail inbox. Protonmail provides its users with the opportunity to send messages with their privacy secured, it is known to be the safest email provider and provides other security features that can also help to keep your communications private therefore making your emails safe from third parties such that even the hosting company has no way of accessing your emails. Protonmail account is not difficult to log in to and can be done within a few minutes. This article is here to guide you on how to create a protonmail account and carry out a proper Protonmail sign up.
Protonmail was founded in 2013 by scientists who met at CERN with the goal of building an internet that respects the privacy of its users and secures their accounts against cyberattacks. They are the world’s largest secure mail providers and boast over 1 million users. They secure their mails using end-to-end encryption and don’t require your personal information to create a secured email account for you, to them your privacy comes first.
You can use Protonmail on any device without a software install and it is very easy to use because their email accounts are fully compatible with other email providers.
Benefits of Protonmail
Before we talk about Protonmail sign up, we need to talk about some of the benefits of Protonmail and the reasons why you should use Protonmail:
- One of the importance of Protonmail is that all the messages are encrypted, thus giving you privacy to send and receive messages. Even the host company cannot read your messages;
- Proton mail is very easy to use and you can use Protonmail from any device without software installation. It is compatible with other email providers;
- Protonmail is free, you will only be charged to use Protonmail when you wish to upgrade to a Protonmail premium account;
- The Protonmail encryption is open to inspection by security experts from around the world;
- Your account is secured against cyber attacks and your data and privacy is protected;
- You can send up to 150 messages every day using the free Protonmail account and it contains 500MB of storage. However, you can upgrade to other paid Protonmail types.
www.protonmail.com Sign Up
To sign up for a Protonmail account, you need to follow the steps below:
- Download the Protonmail app on your mobile phone. To do this, you need to go to your phone Google Play or Apple Store, search for the Protonmail app on the search box and click install.
- Click on the Protonmail signup ;
- Select your Protonmail account type. You can choose to sign up for a free Protonmail account or you can choose the paid Protonmail account example plus, visionary and professional;
- If you are going for the free Protonmail account, entered the information required on the Protonmail create account form, the information you need to provide includes your user name, domain name, password and recovery email option;
- Read the terms and conditions, agree and click on Create Account.
How to login to your Protonmail account
After visiting www.protonmail.com to sign up for an account, in order to log in to your Protonmail account, you will need to provide your username and password. To login, go to your browser and type www.protonmail.com click on login and then enter your username and password then click login.
How to delete your Protonmail account
If you are sure you want to delete your Protonmail account, the steps to follow are:
- Login in to your account,
- Click settings and tab on Account,
- Click delete the account,
- Enter your password and your accounts will automatically be deleted.
Note that this is a permanent action and cannot be reversed; you, therefore, cannot retrieve or recreate the deleted account again.