Rocket Mail sign up gives you access to one of the earliest free webmail services. Rocket mail is one of the free webmail services that existed in the 90s. In a time when getting a free webmail service was a big deal, people used Rocket mail to send messages and foster communication. The webmail allowed users to send file attachments of up to 25 MB but has an unlimited storage capacity. Rocket mail also allows its users to send their messages using various email programs such as apple, express etc and can also be accessed by yahoo.com. It is very easy to understand and use and can be accessed by anyone. You might be wondering how one of the oldest webmail services worked or if it is still working, how to sign in or log in to your email account. This article will guide you on these and also give you some necessary details and information you need to know about Rocket mail.
About Rocket Mail
Rocket mail was one of the few webmail services available in the 90s. Rocket mail was launched in 1996 by Four 11 Corporation but in 1997 it was acquired by Yahoo Inc. After the time Rocket mail was acquired from Yahoo, new users could register through yahoo mail ID or through Rocket mail ID. This made it possible for users to keep their rocket mail email address and also enjoy the same services as other Yahoo mail users. Users were allowed to sign up for their accounts under the rocketmail.com domain on June 19 2008 after Yahoo started the Rocket Mail brand again. However, in April 2013, Yahoo stopped the ability to create new Rocket mail accounts but didn’t close existing Rocket mail accounts as they can still be assessed. So if you are still using the Rocket Mail account, you can still enjoy the services of Rocket mail.
Rocket Mail Sign Up
To sign up to your Rocket mail email address, you need to first create an account and to create an account on Rocket mail, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open any browser of your choice such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc on your mobile phone, desktop or tablet web browser and visit the official webpage on Yahoo mail.
- You will be directed to a page where you will see the signup button, click on the button.
- At the top right corner of the page, you will see an option to create an account and then you will be redirected to another page where you need to provide information about yourself such as your birth date, your name, your gender and your email address of choice.
- After providing the information above, you will then have to select a username of choice, make sure that you are sure of the username you want to use because it will be your permanent ID.
- After choosing your username, choose your password. The password you choose should be a password you can remember easily and it should also be a strong password.
- When you are done providing all the information correctly, you can then click on the ‘submit’’ button.
After following the steps above, you have successfully created a Rocket mail account and the next thing you need to do is to sign in to your account and start sending and receiving messages.
Rocket Mail Sign In
If you want to log in to your Rocket mail account, just visit the Rocketmail official website at www.rocketmail.com and then you will be redirected to the yahoo login page but if do not want to go through the Rocketmail webpage directly, just visit the yahoo mail web page. When you open the page, you will see an option to sign in, click on that. Type in your Rocketmail login ID, your Rocketmail email address as well as the associated phone number and then click on Next. Enter your Rocketmail password and click on Next.
After carrying out this process, you will be signed in to your Rocketmail account.
How to Recover Lost Rocketmail Password
If you have lost your Rocketmail password, you can recover the password through a few processes, all you need to do is to follow the steps below:
- Visit the official Rocket mail password help page on www.rocketmail.com on your device web browser.
- You will see the ‘I have a problem with my password’ option, once you see it, click on it.
- Enter your Rocket mail address or your Rocketmail username under the Rocketmail ID and then click on Next.
When you finish the steps above, your Rocketmail password will be gotten back. You can go ahead and use this password to log in to your Rocketmail account.
How to Change Rocketmail Password
If your password has been compromised and you want to change the password to something better or if you just simply want to have a different password other than the one you used initially. You can change your Rocketmail password by visiting the Yahoo mail webpage using your web browser and then clicking on ‘I can’t access my account’ under the login area on the screen. Select ‘I forgot my password’ from the list of options you will be presented with and then click on Next. Type in your Rocketmail email address in the space provided to you tagged ‘Yahoo’ and you will be able to change your password.
Rocketmail is an email service that has existed for a very long time and its reliability and efficiency should not be doubted. You too can own a Rocketmail account and also enjoy the feeling of being part of one of the oldest webmail services.
I hope this article on Rocket Mail sign up was helpful? If you need further clarification, let us know via the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.