When you sign up to Spotify, you’ll have access to a music streaming platform that allows users to stream all kinds of music from highlife, old school as well as podcasts and playlists from different artists all around the world. Users of Spotify get introduced to millions of music and also thousands of podcasts on a daily basis and Spotify is available to use on desktops, cars, TV, tablets and much more. Although Spotify is a paid service. However, you can create an account for free on Spotify and also use the Spotify Free option which allows you to navigate and use some of the site features for free. Users can also use the Spotify web player to stream music to their computer or can download the Spotify application which is available for lots of devices. If you need an application that can expose you and give you access to a wide variety of music and podcast and also give you the flexibility of use on any device of your choice then consider joining Spotify. You can do this by downloading the Spotify application and creating your own Spotify account. This article will show you the step by step procedures on how to sign up to Spotify, how to subscribe for the premium package, how to change your Spotify password, how to recover Spotify lost password as well as other information and details about Spotify you need to know.
Spotify is an online music streaming platform that was founded in 2006 by Daniel Ek and has grown to become the world’s largest music streaming platform. It has more than 356 million active users monthly and has up to 158 million paying subscribers. Users can search for the music they want on Spotify using different options such as artist, album, genre, playlist or the musicians’ record label. Spotify also allows its users to create their own playlists and edit or share them as well as make playlists with other Spotify users. Spotify also gives users access to an offline feature which also allows them to listen to music they have saved in the Spotify app offline without being connected to the internet. And the Spotify premium option allows users to listen to up to 10,000 songs offline on different devices.
Spotify has four levels of streaming quality levels which include: low at 24kbps, Normal streams at 96kbps, High at 169Kbps and very high at 320Kbps. These quality levels depend on the user’s preference and data usage but the very high Spotify quality level is only available for Spotify premium users. Users can also create a playlist on Spotify that include their favourite songs and can also follow other people’s playlists too on Spotify. Spotify also recommends playlists and music to you based on the type of music you listen to and also shows you the artists that are similar to those artists you are fond of. On the Spotify ‘discover weekly’, Spotify introduces you to a playlist that is updated automatically every Monday and this playlist contains songs that are similar to the songs you have been listening to on Spotify. Spotify also allows users to create playlists for their pets through the ‘Spotify pets’ feature. This playlist contains songs based on your preference which you can also play for your pets. Just as you can get a playlist for your pet on Spotify, you can also download the ‘Spotify kids’ app where you can play the music that is safe for children between the age of 3 and above to listen to.
Spotify users can also share music with their family and friends and follow other Spotify accounts using the ‘Spotify share feature’. This feature allows people to scan the unique Spotify code you have created for your songs for them to enjoy it too.
Users of Spotify can sign up to the Spotify premium account to enjoy more features that are not available on the Spotify free version. To subscribe to the Spotify Premium version, you need to pay a fee and enjoy features like free ads, unlimited skips, quality steaming etc.
Spotify is available for all devices including Android and iOS devices and is available for download in Google Play Store or Apple Store.
How to Sign Up to Spotify
To sign up to your Spotify account and enjoy the free features on Spotify, follow the steps provided below.
- Visit the Spotify webpage at www.spotify.com
- Click on the ‘play free’ button.
- You will be asked to sign up to your Spotify account using your Facebook account or your email address. If you want to sign up with Facebook, click on the ‘sign up with facebook’ button and then type in your login details.
- If you want to sign up to Spotify with your email address, fill the form with your information such as your username, password, email address, date of birth and gender.
- Read the Spotify terms and conditions and then click on Sign up.
After completing the process above you can now sign in to your Spotify account and listen to music and podcasts of your choice.
How to Sign up for the Premium Package
To create a Sign Up to Spotify premium account, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the Spotify webpage on www.spotify.com using your browser.
- Scroll down till you see the Spotify premium packages.
- Click on get started for the package you want.
- Login to your Spotify account and click on Spotify Premium account.
- Select the payment method you would like to make your payment with.
- Type in your country zip code and then fill in your credit card or pay pal details.
- Make your payment and start using your Spotify premium account.
How to Change Spotify Password
After you sign up to Spotify, you might want to change your login password; maybe for privacy reasons or to ensure that your account is strongly secured. Changing your Spotify password isn’t a difficult task. To do this, kindly follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to your Spotify profile
- Click Account from the menu
- Under the options, select and click on “change password.”
- Now, to change your Spotify login password, you would have to change the password of the platform through which you have opened the Spotify account.
How to Reset Spotify Password without Phone Number
Did you forget your login details for Spotify like your username, phone number or password? If this is the case, then you can retrieve your Spotify password without using your phone number. To do this, Kindly follow the below steps if you are unable to log into your Spotify account:
- Open the Spotify app on your device or visit the Spotify webpage to reset the password.
- Next, enter the email address that is associated with your Spotify account.
- Click on the ‘Send’ button after this.
- Open the same email account that you have entered on the Spotify login page.
- In the email inbox, look for the latest mail from Spotify. This mail will have a subject line that reads: ‘Reset your password.’
- Open the mail and click on the link that Spotify sent to you.
- Immediately you click on the link, you will be redirected to a new page.
- Type the new password in the respected fields on the new page and click ’Send.’
- Lastly, go back to your Spotify app and repeat the login process with the new password and correct email.
Do you see? It isn’t a difficult process after all. With the above-listed procedure, you can always reset your password quickly and easily on Spotify and can enjoy music stress-free.
Was this article helpful? Kindly share your thoughts with us via the comment section below. For further enquiries on how to sign up to Spotify, kindly use the comment box below and we would get back to you as soon as possible.