When you visit Twitter to sign up for an account, you will gain access to a social microblogging platform where users can comment, post or share short messages which are known as tweets with others. Users of Twitter can also follow other Twitter users to be updated about their activity on Twitter and also get to see their tweets in their timeline. As a Twitter user, you can post, comment and follow people on Twitter but if you are not registered on Twitter, you can only read messages and cannot post. Twitter is becoming increasingly popular and is used by different people, including celebrities and government officials to share news and updates about their activities. Twitter has also been used by business owners to share their business posts, and photos and connect with clients from different parts of the world. Creating a Twitter account is not so difficult, if you want to be updated about the latest news and developments in the world, you want to connect with your friends, share your business post or follow your popular trends or organization; then Twitter should be your app of choice. This article will show you easy steps to access Twitter to sign up for an account for free including how to sign in to your Twitter account and give you details about most things you need to know about Twitter.
Twitter was founded in 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone and Evan Williams and has since then become one of the most popular social media platforms with over 330 million active users monthly and used by different countries in the world. The app is a microblogging app where people can post messages which are up to 140 characters long known as tweets. Twitter users can use Twitter to also connect with other Twitter users and can also use it to share their business posts or links to their business as well as share their business photos and videos in order for it to attract clients who are also using Twitter app. Twitter has been one of the social media platforms where users can get the latest news and updates about the happenings in society. Twitter also allows users to like, comment or retweet posts they find interesting for them to be viewed by a larger number of people.
With the Twitter ‘follow’ feature, users can follow other Twitter users and also get to be followed by them. When a user follows a Twitter account, the user gets to see their updates or tweets easily without having to search for them. You can also follow organizations and celebrities on Twitter in order to see their tweets and be updated about the recent happenings around them. You can use hashtags to mark keywords or topics in a tweet. Hashtags only contain words and not numbers and these hashtags can be searched by other Twitter users.
Twitter also has the direct messaging feature which allows Twitter users to send direct messages to other users. These messages are usually private and can only be seen by the sender of the message and the recipient. Twitter can be downloaded on different devices such as android, iPhone, and Mac and is gotten by downloading it from the different app stores available.
How to Access Twitter to sign up for an Account
To be able to sign in to your Twitter account and make posts, you need to first visit the Twitter website or open the app to sign up and to do this; you have to create your own Twitter account. The steps to follow to create your own Twitter account are listed below:
Visit Twitter to Sign up Using Desktop
- Visit the Twitter website on www.twitter.com in your computer web browser and click on Sign up.
- On the username box, type in the username of your choice. This name doesn’t have to be your real name but should be a name you will like to be identified with on Twitter.
- Type in your phone number or use the email address instead of clicking on ‘use email instead’ and then type in your email address.
- On the top right corner of the page, click on Next.
- Sign up by clicking on the ‘sign up’ button located in the middle of the page.
- If you used your phone number to sign up, you will be prompted to verify your phone number by typing in the six-digit code sent to you by Twitter and then clicking on ‘next’.
- Type in a strong password of your choice and then click on ‘next’ to confirm your password.
- Select the topic you will be interested in or skip it for now if you want to select a topic later.
- You can also select people you want to follow or can skip it for now if you do not want to follow people yet.
- Confirm your email address if you used email to register by opening the email sent to you by Twitter and then clicking on the confirmation link.
How to Sign up to Twitter Using a Mobile Phone
- Download and open the Twitter app on your phone.
- Click on ‘get started’ in the middle of the page.
- Type in your username of choice and your phone number or email address and then click on ‘next’.
- Click on the signup button.
- Verify your phone number by entering the six-digit code sent to your phone by Twitter if you used your phone number to sign up. Click ‘next’.
- Enter your password that is strong and also easy to remember.
- You can decide to sync your contacts with Twitter, select interest or follow other Twitter accounts if you like.
Was this article helpful? I believe you can now access Twitter to sign up for your own account. For any further enquiry, make use of the comment section below.