Yahoo Mail sign up gives you access to an email service platform where users can send and receive messages, but yahoo mail not only do that, but they also help to format email messages, handle attachments, and save, store and delete the email message. Yahoo mail also helps people communicate with each other for free. Creating an account in yahoo mail is not only free but very easy and convenient to use, this article will give you details on how easy this is, you’ll get to know how to create an account on Yahoo mail via Yahoo Mail sign up, how to sign in to your account, how to delete an account and others.
About Yahoo Mail
Yahoo mail is owned by an American company named yahoo and was launched on October 8, 1997. Yahoo mail allows you to get your own @yahoo.com email address and provides many other favourable options such as a customizable homepage and others that can help you get the most out of your web experience. On top of that, you get to chat with your friends and family in real-time.
Steps to Yahoo Mail Sign Up
Yahoo Mail sign up is pretty easy and free, here are the steps to follow to sign up to a yahoo mail:
- Visit the Yahoo official website and select the Sign-Up tab;
- You will need to provide some details about yourself including your username and password, after this, click continue;
- After providing details about yourself, you will be taken to a verification page where to will be given an option to receive verification either by text or by email;
- Enter the verification code sent to you and click on Submit;
- After submitting, you will be directed to a yahoo mail homepage.
How to sign in to Your Yahoo Mail Account
You can only sign in to your account after you have already done your Yahoo mail sign up. To sign in to your account, you need to: Enter your email and password then select Sign In. You will be able to access your inbox and all other features Yahoo mail offers from here. You can access your yahoo mail account from your desktop, laptop or android phone. You can download the yahoo app via the Apple IOS App Store or Google Play Store for those using android phones.
How to Send Message Using Yahoo Mail
To send a message using yahoo mail, you need to start by clicking New in the upper left corner of your homepage. After clicking on New, you click on an Email message and a new screen will open. To compose a message you need to:
- To compose a message on yahoo mail, first, type the contacts email address after To but if you are sending an email to more than one person, put a comma and space after each name you type except the last name;
- If you want to add the names of people who will receive messages without others knowing or seeing the email address, click on the letters Show BCC at the end of the To line. To add the addresses of anyone who should receive a copy of the email, use the Cc line.
- You can write a few words to describe the content of your email, type it on the area written Subject;
- On the large compose window, type your message, you can format the message with choices that includes the type, size and colour by using the elements from the bar below the subject line;
- Check for your spelling by clicking on Spelling on the bar above To and pressing Send to send your message. After sending your message you will get a confirmation that your message has been sent and you can review it in the sent folder. You can save a message you don’t want to send immediately in your draft by clicking on Save Draft. To add an attachment to your message, click on Attach.
Receiving Mail on Yahoo Mail
When you receive a mail on yahoo mail, you will get an alert that tells you that you have just received a mail if this feature is set in your mobile. Go to inbox to see the message you have received in your yahoo mail, the most recent message will appear on the top, with the unread message highlighted. Press Reply if you want to respond to the message, click on Move to move the message to another folder, Print if you want to print out the message and Delete to move the message to your trash. You can still retrieve the message from your trash if your trash hasn’t been emptied yet.
How to Delete Your Account
Before you delete your yahoo mail account, you need to be very sure that this is what you want to do and if you really want to delete here are a few steps to follow:
- Go to the Yahoo account termination page and sign in with the Yahoo ID you want to delete;
- Read the information provided about termination of your account and click continue;
- Enter your password and then click Yes, delete this account;
- Click on I understood and your account will be deleted.
It may take up to 180 days for your yahoo account to be permanently deleted. After deleting your account, the emails sent to the deleted yahoo account may come back with a delivery failure message but if you change your mind after deleting your account, you can reactivate your account by login into the account before the days in which your yahoo mail will be permanently deleted. You will be able to receive messages again once you have reactivated your account.
I hope this article was helpful and you can now do your Yahoo Mail sign up, log into your account, send and receive messages and also delete your account if you wish? For further enquiries, kindly make use of the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.