Are you aware that Hotmail was renamed Outlook email in the year, 2013? This doesn’t mean that his name has stopped ringing; because Hotmail is one of the most popular webmails in the world. In this article, I will teach you everything you need to know to be able to create an account on Hotmail.
Both Outlook Express and Hotmail are Microsoft services that help you manage your mail. Outlook Express is an email client that saves and downloads your emails on old versions of Windows. While Hotmail, on the other hand, is a Webmail client where anyone can get a free email account just by signing download.
Hot mail used to be a free online e-mail service that was started by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia in the year, 1995. Later on, it got acquired by Microsoft in December in the year, 1997. In 2001, Hotmail had already gotten over one hundred (100) million users and it had become one of the most popular web-based email services that were available. Hotmail allowed users to receive, read and send e-mail to wherever there is Internet access.
How Can I Access My Old Hotmail Account?
Microsoft has a recovery page anyone can use and reset your password so you can regain access to your Hotmail account. you will be asked to provide answers to security questions you had previously set up. You will be asked to provide details about the previous account, this is so your identity is proven.
What Advantages Would I Get When I Create an Account on Hotmail?
Due to its several benefits, Hotmail is one of the most used email addresses worldwide. These are some helpful features Hotmail has. They include;
1. It has a simple interface.
2. Hotmail connects with other platforms.
3. Customization of account is available on Hotmail.
4. Your information is highly secured.
5. It runs scheduled cleanings. This serves as a means to delete certain messages with characteristics that the user dislikes.
6. Hotmail supports sending of large files.
Features of Hotmail
Hot mail has so many fantastic features, this has made its users loyal to its services. Some of these features include:
1. Arranging your folders
While coming into the session, you will see a simple toolbar that is divided into folders so it can be convenient for users. In addition to this, you have the chance to add subfolders under the add new folder section. With this, your desk can be as organised as you wish it to be.
2. Just like a lot of apps on the web, Hot mail makes use of Ajax for programming. It uses it for providing support for the platform as a whole and for interactive functions.
3. Skype has been Hotmail’s official online chat software for seven years now. As a result of this, you can make video calls very easily, with no stress.
4. Hot mail has safe and advanced rules. you can configure the action of the emails as soon as you receive them in the tray. For example, you can move a specific message, delete it, and classify it as spam, among other actions, all to keep your mail more organized.
5. The Undo option: Hotmail has a feature with which you can erase inconvenient or unwanted operations by pressing the shortcut, Ctrl + Z or by putting an inverted arrow as a shortcut. This way, you can get back messages already deleted in places you want.
6. With Hotmail, You can send large files that are even up to 25 MB.
7. Hot mail has a feature where you can remove spam and illegal accounts without prior notice. This is because they do not tolerate unlawful practices.
Now you see reasons to create an account on Hotmail, right? Now, this is how to go about it.
See Also: Top 10 Global Payment Gateways in 2022
How to Create an Account on Hotmail
Hotmail is way more than just an email page. This is because it links you to different applications and serves you with various superb functions if you are one that handles bulky information.
But then you ask, how can I create a free account on this platform?
Before creating an account on Hotmail, what you should first of all-knowing thing is that the process is clear and it will only take very few minutes. You can do this by going through the official link on the official Outlook page.
How To Create an Account on Hotmail
Creating an account on Hotmail is very easy. If you search for hotmail.com or any other subversion of Hotmail, you will be immediately redirected to the Outlook.com site. This is because everything is going through this recent service from Microsoft. All your emails, contacts, and appointments in the calendar have been transferred to Outlook.com. But you still have access to all your emails, materials, and documents at whatever time.
However, here are the steps required in order to create an account on Hotmail and perform a hassle-free Hotmail sign up.
- To create an account on Hotmail, first, go to signup.live.com
- Fill out the registration form that you will see on the left side of your device’s screen.
- Input your first name and your last name in the first two text boxes made available.
- Choose and enter your new username.
- Choose if you want to create your new Microsoft account at Hotmail.com. or Outlook.com from the drop-down menu.
- Create a strong password that has at least eight characters.
- Re-enter the new password.
- Choose your country or region from the drop-down menu.
- Input your zip code.
- From the drop-down menu, Insert your date of birth.
- Indicate your gender.
- Input your country code.
- Input your contact number.
- Provide an alternate email address if you have one.
- Enter the characters you see in the image below in the registration form.
- Microsoft wants to ensure that a real person creates an account.
- Now just click the blue button that says “Create Account,” and you’re done! After the process is finished, you are already in your new inbox, from where you can manage your emails, contacts, data, and appointments. You will see that it is not difficult.
If you follow the above steps, you can create an account on Hotmail for free. For further enquiries, kindly contact us via the comment section below.