One of the ways students can get financial aid throughout the completion of their courses is through scholarship programmes designed for such purposes. The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship 2022 is one such programme, a 12-24 months scholarship established in 1980 arising from Malaysia’s dedication to South-South cooperation, and aimed at sharing Malaysia’s expertise with developing countries. It is a cooperation programme scholars should take advantage of, and here are things such scholars should know about the programme:
Funding for the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship will be personally received by the applicant through their savings account and will be sent by the Scholarship Division, Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia. The scholarship covers end-of-study allowance, placement allowance, house rent allowance, book allowance, medical claims, family assistance allowance, practical training allowance, thesis allowance, tools allowance, cost of living allowance, Visa fee, tuition fees, and travel allowance.
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship has the following set criteria for scholars who seek to be awarded the scholarship:
- The scholar should be from a Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship recipient country (the list of such countries can be located on the website, and is contained in the document generated through the link found below – https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/nyroModalDoc/doc/List%20of%20MTCP%20Recipient%20Countries.pdf).
- Scholars must not be more than 45 years of age at the time of the application.
- Scholar should have at least a Second Class Upper Division for Master’s Degree Programme or a 3.0 CGPA for undergraduate programmes.
- Scholar must have received offer letters from universities in Malaysia before the commencement of their course or must have registered for only a semester for a Master’s Degree.
- Scholar must be fit and healthy, certified by a qualified health professional.
- Scholar must show that they have full grasp of the English language, by sending proof (a scanned copy of a standard internationally recognised English test or degrees using English will suffice).
- Scholar must study full-time for postgraduate degree at a selected Higher Learning Institution.
- Note that in the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship, priority will be accorded to these courses: Public Policy and Governance, Science and Technology, Economics and Banking, Agriculture and Livestock, Business Management, International Relations and Diplomacy, and Social Science. In addition, high-level academic achievement and expertise in the use of the English language for communication, writing and reading will be favourably considered.
- Required Documents
The following documents are required for the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship 2022:
- Application form.
- Letter of recommendation (from two persons).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A certified copy of recognised English language proficiency tests.
- A certified copy of a passport for evidence of nationality (at least six months validity).
- Letters of admission offer from Malaysian universities.
- Medical examination form.
- Endorsement form.
- A certified copy of the academic transcript (record of all courses taken must be reflected, transcripts of undergraduate studies must be submitted, and an official document describing the grading system used in the applicant’s school).
- Terms and Conditions
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship sets the following terms and conditions:
- For the postgraduate Master’s Degree Programme, scholars are to be full-time students at the selected Higher Learning Institution.
- Scholars must not change their programme except with written permission from the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship Secretariat or the university, during the course of the study.
- Scholars must obey the rules and regulations of the institution.
- Suspension from the institution is an automatic suspension of the scholarship funding.
- Scholars are to ensure that they are granted visas, as it is not the responsibility of the programme to influence such.
- Scholars must maintain satisfactory progress in the institution.
- Scholars are to only accept paid employment with permission from the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship Secretariat or the university.
- Scholars must only study in Malaysian universities and research in Malaysia.
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship has been named one of the top 10 education destinations, and persons who seek fully funded scholarships at good institutions are to make use of the above information.
Once again, students can get financial aid to study courses of their choice. This scholarship is another opportunity for students to enjoy a quality education. It is advised that people from around the world jump on it.