Skoll scholarship is a competitive scholarship opportunity available for MBA students to undertake their MBA studies at Said Business School, Oxford. The scholarship covers the MBA course fees as well as partial living expenses.
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide entrepreneurs or individuals who have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives, individuals who have a social purpose or have pursued an impact career and wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices opportunity to provide solutions to social and environmental problems.
Skoll scholarship does not only cover the MBA course fees and partial living expenses but also offers scholars the opportunity to network by exposing them to the Skoll Scholar Community where they can network with renowned entrepreneurs, leaders as well as investors.
This article will guide you on how to apply for the Skoll scholarship and also provide you with the necessary details you need about the scholarship opportunity.
Benefits of Skoll Scholarship
Skoll scholarship covers the MBA course fees and also contributes towards the living expenses of the student. You may also get a chance to be offered a scholarship in rare cases.
The eligibility requirements of the scholarship include:
- Entrepreneurial action
- Eligible students are students who have identified opportunities and have taken action in order to make a positive social impact.
- Eligible students are ones who have spent at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. Example:
- If you have started or grown a social venture.
- Or if you have created and led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organization.
- Or if you have been tackling a specific social/ environmental issue, through the core thread that unites your work.
- Creating Impact with a focus on Systems change
- You are eligible if you can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action.
- If your impact addresses unjust systems and practices in your area of work.
- Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
- You are eligible if you are a force for positive change.
- If you are single-minded and persistent with a willingness to fail and start again.
- If you have a bias towards action.
- If you have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources.
- If you have a willingness to take personal and sometimes financial risks.
- If you develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals.
- If you have apprenticed with the problem or experienced the problem you are trying to solve.
- The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
- You are eligible if you can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage.
- Financial need
- You are eligible if you are in a position where the cost of the program is a significant financial burden.
- You are eligible if you can demonstrate the need for the scholarship (for example if due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances).
How to apply for the Skoll Scholarship
- You have to apply directly to the Said business school. You are to do this during stages 1, 2, or 3 of the MBA admissions process.
- Part of the prerequisite of the scholarship application is to provide answers to the Skoll scholarship essay questions. The questions can be found under the ‘funding’ section of the application.
- Your application will then be accessed by the MBA admissions team.
- You will be updated on the status of your application and if you will be going forward to the next stage as the decision stage proceeds.
- At each stage of the application, you will receive a confirmation if you have proceeded to the next stage. If you have been confirmed to move on to the final shortlisting, you will receive a link to the Logistics and Reference Form.
- Fill in the information required in the Logistics and reference form. To get more information about this scholarship kindly visit the scholarship webpage on www.sbs.ox.ac.uk