Apply for the Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) Innovating Justice Challenge 2023 and get the opportunity to grow your game-changing justice innovation into an impactful business.
The Innovating Justice Challenge invites all startups that are transforming the justice sector to become part of their 2023 Accelerator cohort. Since 2011, they have successfully funded, trained, and scaled over 120 startups globally. They are the only accelerator worldwide dedicated to justice and SDG 16.
During Demo Day, innovators present unique solutions for addressing the justice gap in their respective countries and communities. The competition is an opportunity for learning and interaction between coaches, alumni, and a global network of Gamechangers reimagining the justice sector in hotspots around the world.
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Related: IBM PhD Fellowship Award Program | up to 40,000$
Benefits of the Hague Institute for Innovation of Law
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4-month long program that provides you with:
- €10,000 non-equity funding
- Workshops delivered by industry specialists on a variety of topics from impact measurement to marketing, commercial strategy, and financial modeling
- A dedicated coach and a network of expert mentors
- Access to HiiL’s global network of justice stakeholders and practitioners, as well as top-notch research and development
- International exposure and potential investment opportunities
- Chance to win up to €20,000 at Demo Day
Open to startups from MENA, Kenya, and Nigeria who have:
- People-centered solutions that prevent or resolve justice problems.
- A functioning product with some traction (number of users, revenue, etc.) indicating proof of customer demand. Startups in earlier stages are encouraged to contact their respective regional innovation hubs to find out about HiiL’s ideation and incubation programs.
- A strong team of the founder(s).
- A revenue model.
- Ambition to scale beyond the immediate target market.
Related: UNESCO Internship 2023 (Applications are Open)
The selection process includes online interviews to be held in May 2023.
The program kicks off in June 2023, and the Demo Day is in February 2024.
For more information, visit HiiL Innovating Justice Challenge.