With a Gmail sign up account, you would gain access to a web-based free email service that is easy to set up and also easy to use. Gmail is provided by Google and offers a storage capacity of up to one gigabyte per user and also provides its users with the ability to search for specific messages. Creating a Gmail account is fast and not difficult if you know the steps to take. This article will give you details on how to create a Gmail account, how to sign up and other information you need to know about using Gmail successfully. Let’s get to it.
Gmail is a free email service owned by Google and was launched in the year 2004. At inception, Gmail offered up to one-gigabyte storage capacity per user but has increased to 15 gigabytes of storage. Gmail offers its users great protection against spam messages by having a robust spam filter and this feature helps to keep many spam messages from getting to their user’s inboxes. Gmail can be used on any mobile device and desktop and the good news is that you can easily get offline access on your computer when using Gmail by enabling the feature in settings.
You get to navigate through your messages easily by searching for them and Google contains the Spam and Trash folders which also helps to keep messages that are not really necessary in check. There is a high level of organization you get when using Gmail because of the features Google has made available to make organizing your messages easy, you will be notified when you get a message on your Gmail account and can also archive messages you wish to archive to make searching through your messages easier.
Gmail Sign Up Account Procedure
To sign up for a Gmail account, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the Create your Google Account website or visit www.gmail.com for Gmail using your mobile phone, desktop or laptop;
- Type in your name (first and last name);
- Type in your username of choice which will be your user name followed by @gmail.com;
- Input an email password. Note that the password you input should be a strong password that is difficult to guess, later you can enable two-factor authentication for more security;
- After inputting your password, select Next;
- You can enter your mobile number or an alternate email address, this is optional and it is used for account verification and authorization. This is can become helpful if you forget your password and need to recover it;
- Type in your date of birth and gender then press Next;
- After pressing Next, you will be asked to verify your phone number or alternate email, you can either click Send or skip this option by clicking Not now;
- After clicking I agree, you will be redirected to the My Account page for the Gmail account you just created, you can now sign in to your account, manage your personal information and set your account to your preference from there.
You would not be able to get a Gmail address if a certain username you want is already being used if the username you want to use is very similar to an existing username if you decide to use a user name someone has used in the past and then deleted or email reserved by Google in order to prevent Spam or abuse. You can however file a report or contact your state office of consumer protection if you feel someone is trying to impersonate your identity using Gmail.
How to Sign in to Gmail
To sign in to Gmail you need to visit the Gmail website on www.gmail.com, type your user name and password and then click next.
How to Sign Out of Gmail
To sign out locate the circle that has your first initial or your avatar image if you have already selected your avatar image at the top-right corner of your page, click on the circle and select Sign Out.
How to Delete your Gmail Account
After you visit Gmail to sign up for an account, you might want to delete your Gmail account for different purposes such as if you no longer like the username you are using or if you want to use another email service. Deleting your Gmail account is easy but it is a permanent process and nobody will be able to use your former username again. Note that if you delete your Gmail address, all your emails and account settings will be deleted and you will no longer be able to receive or send messages using your Gmail. If you are sure you want to go through this process, here are the steps you need to follow to delete your account:
- Sign in to your Gmail address using www.gmail.com ;
- On the top right corner of your page, click on the grid icon and select Account;
- Go to the Account preferences section and click on Delete your account or services;
- Select Delete products and enter your password;
- You can decide to save any important information from being permanently erased by clicking Download Data;
- Next to Gmail, click on the Trash icon;
- Enter an alternate Gmail address and click send verification email;
- Open the email from Google you should have received with your alternate email and follow the deletion link on the message;
- Log in to the Gmail account you want to delete if prompted and click yes I want to delete e.g @gmail.com;
- Click on Delete Gmail and then click Done.
See Also: How to Create a Google form and Also Customize the Form
Hope you can now go to Gmail to sign up for an account? For questions, kindly use the comment box below and we would get back to you.