This article is for you if you are looking for a way to do affiliate marketing with Amazon. With the advancement of technology, a lot of things have been made easy and possible including earning money online. One of the ways to make money online is through the Amazon affiliate programs which involve monetizing your blog or website by signing up, getting approved and placing Amazon links on your website then getting paid when someone makes a purchase using the link.
The benefits of becoming an Amazon affiliate member are numerous because apart from providing an easy route to earning money, you can also be earning money and still keep your full–time job. There are several steps you need to take to start earning as an Amazon affiliate member from launching an affiliate site to driving clicks on your website. The good thing about becoming an Amazon affiliate member is that signing up is free. The purpose of this article is to guide you on the necessary steps on how to do affiliate marketing with Amazon and also give you information on how affiliate marketing with Amazon works as well as other things you need to know.
About Amazon Affiliate marketing and How it Works
Before I show you how to do affiliate marketing with Amazon, it is important that you know how the Amazon Affiliate program works. Amazon’s affiliate marketing program works just like every other affiliate marketing program. It is a process whereby online merchants provide website owners with the ability to create affiliate links, this link is then promoted by the website owner so that it can drive clicks and make sales from people visiting the website, once a purchase is made using the link, the website owner receives a commission. For you to successfully be an Amazon affiliate marketer, you need to first own a website or a blog. Commissions are only paid to the website owner if a purchase is made using the link.
To make commissions or even drive clicks or sales as an “Amazon associate” you need to first understand how the program works.
How the Affiliate Program Works
As said earlier, affiliate marketers are only paid a commission when a purchase is made using the link advertised on their website. Affiliates are only paid a commission if a purchase is made within 24 hours of being redirected to the Amazon webpage using the link advertised by the website owner. Amazon affiliate marketing program works by:
- Creating an Amazon affiliate account as a website owner.
- After creating the account, the website owner is given a unique ID.
- Your application will be pending approval, after it has been approved, the website owner can then create affiliate links in their Amazon portal.
- The links created will now be placed on your website or blog which visitors can see and click on.
- Once the visitor clicks the link, they are redirected to Amazon where they can make purchases.
Related: How to Claim your McDonald’s Monopoly Prizes
How to Become an Amazon Affiliate Marketer
Becoming an Amazon affiliate marketer is not a tedious process. Follow the steps below to sign up, become an Amazon affiliate marketer and also join other marketers to do affiliate marketing with Amazon:
- The first step to becoming an Amazon associate is to create your own website or blog.
- Visit the Amazon associates webpage and click on the “sign up” button.
- Type in your details such as your name, address and your phone number then click on submit.
- You will then be directed to list out websites, blogs or mobile apps you intend to use to advertise for Amazon.
- After adding the website, the next step is to provide information about your website, then create a store ID and select the type of item you intend to advertise.
- You will then describe to Amazon how you bring traffic to your website as well as the traffic you get monthly on your website.
- When you are sure you filled all the necessary information required of you by Amazon, you will get an automated call where you will be given a 4-digit pin which will be used to verify your information. Accept their terms and conditions.
Once you have finished with the steps above, you will be given an Associates ID which will be used to verify your account. You will get feedback if your account has been approved or not after 1-3 days. Your account will be closed if you haven’t made a sale after 180 days. However, you can apply again even if your account is closed.
How to Create an Amazon Affiliate Link
To create an Amazon affiliate link, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Amazon associate account you just created.
- Go to product linking and click on product links.
- Search for the product using the search bar or type the ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) of the product then click ‘go’.
- Click on “get link’.
- You can also generate an Amazon affiliate link directly from the page by using the Amazon Associate SiteStripe.
- You can then use the link you have generated to advertise products on your website, blog or app.
Related: How to Make Money With Facebook Reels
How Amazon Affiliate Associates get paid
Amazon affiliate program pays associates in three ways:
- You can provide Amazon with your bank information and receive payments directly to your bank account. Amazon will only deposit the money if you have earned at least $10.
- You can also receive a cheque from Amazon but you will need to provide them with your mailing address. You will only get a cheque from Amazon if you earn at least $100 but you will also have to pay a cheque processing fee of $15.
- You can also get gift cards sent to your email address but the minimum amount you can get in form of a gift card is $10.
Earning money from Amazon as an affiliate marketer involves brain and brawn. To do affiliate marketing with Amazon, drive clicks and make sales, you need to invest time promoting your website and driving traffic to your website. Ensure that you are following Amazon terms and conditions, optimize your webpage and content then share the links and make sales.