Looking for how to install GoTv? I have covered everything you need to know in this article. GoTv is a pay to view TV service that delivers family entertainment to Africa. GoTv is owned by Multichoice Company and has a wide range of channels which include news channels, sports channels, local and international content as well as other interesting and fun channels for affordable rates of subscription. It is one of the most widely used TV services in Africa.
Installing GoTv is easy and simple and can be done effortlessly if you know the right procedure to follow. This article will guide you on the step by step procedures to follow in order to install GoTv all by yourself and also show you how to activate your decoder and register it with your name and other necessary information.
What do you Require to fix Gotv Decoder for the First Time
Apart from obviously getting a new decoder, you need other things to make the installation of your decoder successful and they include a standard antenna, television set, a constant electricity source, your hammer, and screwdriver among other things.
Procedure on how to install GoTv Decoder
To install your Gotv decoder here are the procedures to follow:
- Assembling the antenna: to assemble your Gotv antenna, follow these steps:
- Remove the antenna pieces from the antenna box and then pull the cable through the middle of the antenna grid;
- Take out the yellow plastic of the antenna and screw the cable to it;
- Clip the green plastic to the green clip in the antenna grid and the red plastic to the red clip on the antenna grid. Make sure that the green is clipped to the green and the red to the red do this until it is well fixed;
- Take the U shaped antenna string and place it in the middle of the antenna close to the grid;
- Join the first pole to the grid of the antenna and attach the second pole bracket with nuts. Make sure that the down arrow on the yellow box is facing down;
- Place your antenna close to the transmitter where there will be no hindrance or obstruction, your antenna should be pointing towards the transmitter. Move your antenna slowly till you get the strongest signal and then fix it in that position.
- Installing your Gotv decoder: to install your decoder, follow the steps below:
- Place your decoder on your location of choice;
- Connect your TV to the decoder as well as the audio and AV cables;
- Through the RF IN plug, connect the antenna with the decoder. If you have the HDMI cable, you may connect it instead;
- Connect your decoder to the power supply unit and then insert the other end to the plug point. It is recommended by GOtv to use a power surge protector;
- Switch your TV and your decoder on and then press the AV button on the TV. Allow it to load, after loading you will see the GOtv logo page. All your GOtv to boot and after booting, you will see language then select a language of your choice, choose your country and then press enter at the antenna power. Allow it to be off and then press next. Your Gotv will start scanning automatically. All the channels will be scanned and saved.
How to Activate your Decoder
To activate your decoder:
- Visit http://eazy.gotvafrica.com, navigate and click on the menu icon;
- Click activate from the list of the menu;
- You will be asked to type in your IUC number, surname, phone number, and select your country on the next page;
- Verify your information and click activate.
Alternatively, you can activate your Gotv by contacting the Gotv customer care centre and request for a new Decoder activation then provide your name, email address, phone number, location and your IUC number. Your Decoder will be activated immediately after providing all the information required.
Apparently, this is all you need to know on how to install GoTv at home. For questions on things we probably didn’t cover, kindly make use of the comment section below and we would get back to you with answers.