In this article, I will show you how to sign up to WeChat. WeChat is a messaging platform used in China to communicate with other people in China. It is China’s most popular messaging app and has over 1 billion users monthly. Other social media platforms are not allowed to be used in China which means that if you get to China you will not be able to use other social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You might want to consider creating a WeChat account if you get to China and intend to do business in China with the Chinese, get products in China, work or study in China, make friends, contact anyone in China or perform other activities. This article will guide you on how to Sign up to WeChat for free, how to log in to your WeChat account and other important things you need to know about WeChat. So without further ado, let’s get to it.
WeChat is a messaging app that is used in China to communicate with other people in China. It is developed by Tencent which is China’s first globally known internet brand and was first released in 2011 and boasts of more than 1 billion active users monthly. WeChat is an app that has a lot of functionalities because not only can you use it to connect and message other people in China, you can also use it for other purposes such as playing video games, video chat, QR voice code scanning, sharing of location and also photos and videos.
As a multi-functional app, WeChat contains some amazing features that make it one of the most used apps in China. One of these features is the messaging feature which contains text messaging, hold–to–talk messaging, video calls and photos and video sharing. You can use WeChat to search and find your friends directly by using the WeChat ID or mobile number. WeChat also contains stickers that are there to make your chatting experience more fun and allow you to express your feelings more when chatting. Each WeChat user has a bar code that is unique to them and users can also add other people to WeChat by scanning their QR code. With the moment’s feature on WeChat, users can also upload images and videos and have their friends connect or like their posts.
One other feature of WeChat is that you can use WeChat to pay for things in China. Users can link their WeChat account to their bank account or debit cards and pay for things almost anywhere in China. You can pay for things through WeChat by allowing the store to scan your unique WeChat bar code or you can scan the bar code of the person you are buying something from. You can also pay using WeChat pay if you want to buy something online- all you have to do is to type in your passcode or use your biometric authentication tool to complete the transaction.
You can download the WeChat app from the Google play store for android users and Apple Store for iPhone users or you can use WeChat through their official webpage.
See Also: How to Sign into Pinterest Account for Free
How to Sign up to WeChat
Before you start using the WeChat app to message your friends or make payments, you need to sign up to WeChat or create a WeChat account first. The steps required to successfully create a WeChat account are listed below:
- Download the WeChat app on your mobile phone.
- Open the WeChat app on your mobile phone and click on the Sign-Up button then click on Sign up via mobile.
- Provide the information required of you such as your name, your region, your phone number and your desired password. Your password should be 8- 16 digits long and should include digits and characters. Make sure that the phone number provided is a real phone number and not a virtual phone number. If your phone number is not real, you will not be able to successfully sign up to WeChat and your account will be blocked.
- Here you will need to verify to WeChat if you are the real user and not a robot or computer. To get through this section, just drag the slider and fit it to the puzzle piece.
- In this step, you need someone who already has a WeChat account to help you verify your account. You can do this by contacting a WeChat user to Scan your WeChat QR code. The WeChat user who will help you verify your account must meet the following requirements: must be signed up to WeChat over one month ago if they are an international user or must be signed up for WeChat over 6 months ago if they are a China mainland user, the person hasn’t completed the ‘help a friend register’ for other users in the past month, the person hasn’t been blocked in the past month and if the person is a China Mainland User he or she must have activated WeChat pay.
- After the person you meet must have scanned the QR code, the next step is to fill in the verification code that will be sent to you via SMS by WeChat. Fill in the code in the space provided and click on Next.
After the steps above, you have successfully created a WeChat account and can log in to WeChat easily and use the amazing features provided by WeChat for its users.
For questions on how to sign up to WeChat or comments, kindly make use of the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.