Applications submitted should largely focus on one of the IBM focus areas categories.
- AI: Artificial intelligence
- Hybrid cloud
- Responsible and inclusive technology
- Quantum computing
See Also: Master’s & Ph.D. Scholarships in Canada For 2023 Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
Value of Awards:
The value of awards depends upon the country of the applicant.
- Students studying in the universities of the USA will award 40,000$.
- Students studying in universities other than the USA will get 6000$ to 25000$.
Eligibility Criteria for IBM PhD Fellowship Award Program:
- The applicant must be engaged full-time in a Ph.D. program for the duration of the fellowship year.
- To be eligible for the fellowship to be applied to the final two years of study, the applicant must still have two years left in their program at the time of nomination.
- Students cannot propose themselves. A member of the doctorate faculty will nominate the applicant.
- Students who came from nations on U.S. embargo are ineligible for the program.
- The recipients of a comparable fellowship, internship, or support during the IBM Ph.D. A fellowship financing period from another organization or firm (aside from academic awards) is not eligible for this award.
- There can be no departmental or school transfers during the period of the grant; the applicant must remain in the same program.
Selection Criteria for IBM PhD Fellowship Award Program:
- The applicants will be chosen based on their superior research. IBM mentor will be mentoring each award recipient for the duration of the award period. Interning is highly recommended during the award recipient’s year. The rules of the internship depending on student visas.
- The nominating faculty must present properly thought-out proposals, stay involved throughout the screening and due diligence process, and always communicate by email with the university domain.
- The team will check how closely the finalists’ research relates to IBM’s priority areas
See Also: Trinity Leadership Fellows Program | Study in USA
The application Deadline for this Fellowship is 17th Feb. 2023.
How to Apply for the IBM PhD Fellowship Award
Documents required for the IBM PhD Fellowship are:
- Name, Department, University, Country, Entry Date into the Program, Expected Graduation Date, Current Completed Degree, and, if Applicable, Visa Status.
- Google Scholar publications and citations, most recent degree attained, and career objective (professional researcher, professor, etc.)
- Student Curriculum Vitae (CV) — limit three pages.
- PhD Project or Dissertation Title.
- Get the application form Here.
For further information visit the official link.