Looking for how to create a Telegram channel? Search no further because this article covers everything you need to know on the subject. Telegram is an app used for messaging that is simple, fast and free and also focuses on security. Telegram allows you to send photos, pictures, messages and videos of any type to an unlimited number of audiences. If you want to broadcast your content to a large audience, it is necessary to create a channel that can help you get an unlimited number of subscribers as well as a wide view. This article will help you achieve that by showing you steps to take in order to create a telegram channel for those using Android and iPhone.
Telegram is a messenger app that was launched in 2013 which allows users to send messages both privately and to large audiences. Telegram allows you to send messages from all your devices at the same time and can be used on smartphones, tablets and even computers. Telegram is one of the 10 most downloaded apps in the world and with over 500 million monthly active users, with Telegram, you can send messages, documents, files, videos and photos of any type and can also create groups for more than 200,000 people or channels for reaching an unlimited number of audiences.
There is a difference between a Telegram group and a Telegram channel in that group can support up to 200,000 members and groups contains certain amazing features that make them unique such as the ability to pin important messages at the top of your screen for your members to see. On the other hand, channels are created for the purpose of targeting an unlimited number of subscribers and used to broadcast messages to a large audience.
Whether you want to create a group or a channel on Telegram, telegram is there to make sure that your messages are safe and secured. However, if you are looking for extra privacy or secrecy, a telegram can also make sure you have all the necessary security and privacy you need.
How to Create a Telegram Channel
Before we delve into how to create a Telegram channel, you must bear in mind that there are two types of telegram channels;
- A private channel: this doesn’t appear on public search and is only accessible to subscribers to join a private channel, you need to be added by the channel owner or get an invite link to join.
- Public channels: this has a username and is open for anyone to find them in Telegram search and join.
You can create a Telegram channel on your android phone and your iPhone;
How to Create a Telegram Channel for Android Phones
To create a Telegram channel using your android phone, here are the steps to follow;
- Open the telegram app on your phone;
- Tap the circular Pencil icon on the homepage of your device;
- Options will appear to you, tap New Channel;
- You will be presented with a new page and on the new page enter the Channel name, add a picture of your choice and the description of your channel and tap the Tick icon;
- You can now choose if you want your channel to be a Public Channel or a Private Channel;
- When you are done selecting the option you want, tap the Tick icon and select your channel members;
- Once it has been selected you can then tap the Tick icon.
How to Create a Telegram Channel For iPhones
To create a telegram channel on your iPhone device, here are the steps to follow;
- Open the Telegram app on your iPhone;
- On the top-right corner in Chats, start a New Message;
- From the options given to you tap New Channel;
- From here select the Create Channel option and then follow the steps just like the android process.
Note that when you post on your channel that the message will be signed in with the Channels name and photo and not your own. You can use additional administrators to help you manage your channel but as a creator of the channel, you become the channel administrator by default. You can add administrators from your subscriber base if you need help managing your channel. You have the power to provide the administrators of your channels a full or limited right to manage the channel.
See Also: Tips on How to Monetize Your YouTube Channel in 2022
How to Add Administrators to your Channel
Go to settings- go to Manage Channel administrator- add administrator- then select the right administrator you want from your list of subscribers. After selecting you will see a new window on your screen, check the rights you are willing to give to your administrator. Then click Save.
How to Add People to your Channel
You can invite the first 200 subscribers to your channel as the channel owner but if the number of subscribers gets to 200 the channel is on its own. If your channel is a public channel, you will have a user name or telegram link which you can post on social networks or send to any platform you want in order to attract more subscribers. In a case where your channel is private, you can send the invite link to your friends.
How to Delete your Telegram Account
To delete your Telegram account, go to the deactivation page. Take note that this is an irreversible process and the messages, groups and contacts that are associated with your account will be deleted. The groups you have created will still remain open to your contacts and they can chat in the groups and administrators of the groups will still retain their rights. If after deleting your account you want to sign up again, you will be signing up as a new user.