With TikTok sign up, you’ll gain access to a social media app that users use to create videos, watch videos and share videos that they have created using their mobile phones. TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms and it is mostly used by young people, in particular, to create, watch and share videos they make to different other social media platforms. TikTok is a highly addictive social media platform and has been the major source of various viral trends ranging from duets, lip-syncing, comedy videos and memes. Not only has the app been a source of various viral trends but has been used by different celebrities to create their videos and share them as well as join in the viral TikTok trends. If you are part of the younger demographic and you haven’t created a TikTok account to share your day to day activities and join in viral trends or make your own comedy videos and memes or entertain yourself or get the distraction you need after a long day, then what are you waiting for. This article will guide you on how to create your own TikTok account, how to sign in to your TikTok account and tell you all you need to know about the TikTok app. Let’s get to it.
TikTok is a social media app that was created after of merger between two popular apps Douyin and Musical.ly, it is owned currently by a company called Bytedance. TikTok is also known as Douyin in China. TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world and was once the most downloaded app on the Apple store surpassing all the major social media platforms. TikTok boasts of over 800 million users and the app has been downloaded over 1.5 billion times nationwide.
The TikTok app allows its users to create short videos and watch videos created by other TikTok users. Most of the videos created using the TikTok app often contain background music that can be chosen from a large variety of music genres and these videos can be adjusted by speeding it up, slowing it down or editing with a filter available on TikTok. Many users of TikTok use this music feature to create videos where they are lip-syncing to their music of choice and then sharing it with other TikTok users or to their friends on other social media platforms.
TikTok also contains the ‘for you’ feature which shows you content that may appeal to you and they do this by showing you videos that are related to most videos that you engage in by liking, commenting or sharing. Users can also get the videos they want to see by using the TikTok search tool to search for the specific videos of their choice. Users can also react to the videos or content they like by liking or commenting on them and can also share the videos with their friends on other social media platforms. There is an option to follow other users on TikTok and a page is created to see videos from the account you are following on TikTok.
Twitter contains a messaging feature for users to send messages, emojis and videos to their friends directly. TikTok can be used on different devices and can be downloaded on different app stores.
See Also: How to Sign Up to Plenty Of Fish Dating Site
Steps to TikTok Sign Up
It’s not really compulsory to have an account on TikTok before you can use TikTok. There are different ways to create an account on TikTok. The steps for TikTok account sign up are listed below:
TikTok Sign Up Via using your phone number:
- To sign up to TikTok using your phone number, first, open your TikTok app on your mobile device.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on Me.
- At the top of the screen, tap on your username and then tap on ‘Add Account’.
- Click on ‘Use phone or email’.
- Enter your date of birth and your phone number and then tap on ‘send code’.
- You will get a 4 digit code via text message. Type in the code and your new account will be created.
You can also use almost the same method to create a new account using your email address, just click on ‘add account’ after opening your TikTok app and then tap on ‘use phone or email’. Enter your date of birth and then tap on ‘email’ at the top of the page, enter your password and then click on ‘next’, type in your username then click on ‘sign up’.
How to Create a New TikTok Account Using Your Social Media Platform
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile device and click on ‘me’ located at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on your username at the top of the page and then tap on ‘add account’.
- Options will appear for you to create your TikTok account using your Facebook account, Google, Instagram or Twitter account. Click on the social media platform you want to create an account with.
- Enter the login details for the social media you want to open your account with.
- Create a username of your choice for your TikTok account and then tap on ‘Sign up’.
After following the procedures above, you have successfully created your own account on TikTok and can now enjoy the features offered by TikTok for your entertainment.
See Also: How to Register for Mingle2 online Free Dating Account
How to Reset Your TikTok Password
There are 2 major ways to reset TikTok sign up password. You can reset your password while you are signed in to your account as well as when you are not signed in.
How to Reset Your TikTok Password While Logged In:
- Click on the Profile button on the bottom right of your screen
- On the top right, tap the 3-line icon.
- Click on Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Manage account and then on Password.
- Follow the instructions to reset your TikTok sign up password.
How to Reset Your Password When You Are Not Logged In:
- Click on Sign up.
- Tap on login at the bottom part of the page.
- Select the Use phone / email / username option.
- Select Email / Username.
- Click on Forgot password?
- Reset password with Phone number or Email.
Reminder: For users that did their TikTok sign up using another social media account, a password reset can only be done from such platforms.
For further enquiries on TikTok sign up or how to reset your password on TikTok, kindly make use of the comment section below and we would get back to you as soon as possible.