The University of Essex Africa Scholarship Program is now available for all interested applicants. Are you an international student from an African nation? Are you self-funding your postgraduate studies? This opportunity shouldn’t pass you by as you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
Application Deadline: 16th September 2022
Is the Scholarship Offered Annually? Yes
What countries are eligible? All African countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship Program 2022
Applicants who are interested to apply for the University of Essex Scholarship Program for 2022 must meet the following conditions:
- Every applicant shall be classified as an international student for fee purposes.
- As an applicant, you must be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation.
- You must be entirely self-funding your studies.
- Applicants must be a graduates of African countries or any of the countries specified above.
- Must be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2020-21 (except MBA)
- Applicants must meet the academic criteria in the table below:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3.5 or above
- For other member states of the African Union: a 2:1 undergraduate result or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) is needed.
- If you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree from any of the following institutions, you will also be considered for this scholarship:
- Those with degrees from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- Those with degrees from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or its equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or applicants from any of the following countries: Bangladesh, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA or Vietnam.
Related: Top 4 Profitable Skills to Learn for Financial Independence in 2022
What are the Selection Criteria?
The University of Essex will assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you present with your application for your place at Essex.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: £4,000
Duration of Program: 1 Year
How to Apply for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship Program 2022
- Your eligibility is assessed based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
- If you satisfy all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form to become a beneficiary of this scholarship program.
- GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
To get more information and also commence your application for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship Program 2022, click the link below to visit the program webpage.